How do I take care of my tattoo ?
The healingperiod of a tattoo takes about a week. Common fitness and physical condition play hereby a part. During the healingperiod the tattoo can itch. Personal hygiene is during the healingperiod absolutely necessary. Directly after tattooing the tattoo is covered with a transparent foil. You can remove the foil after several hours and treat the wound as follows:
- Try not to touch the tattoo with your hands.
- Wash the tattoo twice a day with a mild, non-perfumed soap.
- Carefully dap the tattoo dry after washing it with a clean towl or a tissue.
- Apply a thin layer of Bepanthen-creme on the tattoo. You can purchase it here.
- Do not use wound desinfectans like Sterilon or Betadine on the tattoo.
- Do not cover the tattoo with a plaster or bandage.
- Do not wear tight or dirty clothing over the tattoo.
- Avoid swimming during the healingproces (chlorinebaths, bubblebaths, natural swimming water). Also don't use the sauna or steambaths.
- Do not expose the tattoo to the sun or a tanningbed, solarium (not even with a sunlotion). Always use a high sunblock-lotion during sunbathing, even after the healingperiod.
- If extreme redness, swelling, bleeds, puss, colorchange appers, contact your physician.