The healing period of a tattoo is about 2 weeks.
Health and personal condition plays a part herein.
During the healing period it's possible the tattoo is itching.
Don't scratch ! This will damage your tattoo!
Personal hygiene is during the healing period crucial.
When tattooing is finished the tattoo is covered with a sterile
compress or a transperant foil.
You can remove it after several hours and treat it like it is
* Try not to touch the tattoo with bare hands.
* Wash the tattoo twice a day with a mild, non-perfumed soap
until the tattoo is completely healed.
* Pat dry the tattoo carefully with a clean towel (don't rub).
* Apply a thin layer of tattoo ointment.
* Do not put any desinfectants on the tattoo.
* Do not cover the tattoo with bandages or what so ever.
* Do not wear tight or dirty clothing over the tattoo.
* Avoid, during the healing period, contact with swimwater
(pools, beaches and baths). Also don’t use a sauna or steambath.
* The tattoo should not be in direct sunlight, not even with
* Don't use a solarium.
Use a good sunblock after your tattoo is healed.
* If any extreme redness, swelling, blood, puss, colourchanges
or pain occurs, contact a physician.